Geth v1.9.17 is a small maintenance release (trying to get back onto the biweekly schedule), though it does pack a few punches as well!
- Enable historical garbage collection for light clients (#19570).
--rpc.txfeecapto a few missed endpoints (#21231).
- Drastically reduce allocations in the transaction pool (#21328).
- Drastically reduce allocations on certain EVM opcodes (#21222).
- Raise the default gas limit in
--devmode to 12 million (#21323).
- Fix ethstats reconnect issue and fix constant Görli drops (#21347).
- Fix gas estimation if
balance / priceoverflown
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.9.17 release milestone
As with all our previous releases, you can find the:
- Pre-built binaries for all platforms on our downloads page.
- Docker images published under
- Ubuntu packages in our Launchpad PPA repository.
- OSX packages in our Homebrew Tap repository.
Thank you Peter and team! Y’all rock.